Aguacate st # 482 e/ Muralla st & Teniente Rey st Old Havana Cuba

House Alejandro de Humboldt

Project Info

Project Description

In this 19th-century house, the scientist Alejandro de Humboldt installed his instruments and botany and mineral collections while ensconced here 1800-1801. Restored as a museum in 1997, the five exhibit halls contain remains of invertebrate mammals, more than 250 scientific instruments, books, maps and works of art detailing Humboldt’s work in Cuba, and the specimen’s from Fidel Castro’s own malacology, entomology and mineralogy collection.

Oficios st # 254, esq  Muralla st.

Old Havana Cuba.

Share